Monday, August 20, 2012

Tidying Up A Little Bit. Did I Smell Autumn This Morning?


   Its been sort of strange lately... well, stranger than normal. But I have to remember that I must keep my little corner of the Universe in good repair in order to maintain a sense of balance. Surround myself with positive and strengthening energy as I stand within my little spot of physical existence. So today I figured I'd better start to TIDY THINGS UP!  I know it might not sound like much, but it was quite satisfying and soothing.
   Early this morning I could feel that delicate first touch of Autumn! Its a feathery soft impression that lightly caresses my Spirit. I so look forward to that every year! In the midst of the heat and humidity of Summer, I need that proverbial "Light at the End of the Tunnel". Today the sky and clouds had that "look" and the air just felt right. With a wonderful breeze and the leaves starting to fall off the sycamores...... aaahhh. I couldn't miss the hint that Mother Nature was dangling right up in my face!! ha ha
   That kind of feeling always makes me want to tidy up. Washed out more of the fabric that the cats had knocked behind my material shelves... and hung them out to dry in this wonderful breeze. Then decided to try and clean up that eternally cluttered corner on my porch! (I have a few more of those spots inside. Does anyone else have spots like that?)


   Decided to move some of my long neglected porch plants over there. So, of course, that meant I needed to go dig out a table from the storage room. Out came an old funky looking sewing cabinet. Peeling paint and all. PERFECT!!!Used three slats from a beehive to cover up the hole where the maching used to be. Perfect again!


   Spruced up the plants that were there and am in the process of moving the others. Looks soooooooo much better all ready! Next month I want to paint all the porch chairs a lovely shade of blue. Also saw Ronan's hawk up close today. It was on it's morning rounds in the neighborhood. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me then! Sheesh   Theres another one around too. Its a heavier built bird with darker coloration. Need to check the identification charts. In the meantime, on to more of my really early Fall Cleaning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment