Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Making My Peace With August.


    August. I always dread this month! Its our hottest time of the year here in Florida. And the humidity levels are always high as well. Makes you feel sort of like your skin is melting off. Yep, I REALLY DON'T LIKE AUGUST! But I used to say I hated it. Now I find that as the years have gone by, I've had a change of heart.
*My daughter and grandaughter were both born this month.
*The Perseid meteor showers are always a wonder and delight to watch. Of course, you must wear something to protect against the voracious mosquitoes whenever you do any stargazing! Thats just a fact of life here. chuckle   
*Its time to start getting ready for the Fall garden. Lots of work to do in that blasting heat.... but its worth it because of the excitement and anticipation. Whether its new seed varieties or old favorites, theres something wonderful about getting ready to plant!
*The clouds!!! Big, fat towering cumulus clouds fascinate me! I always do what we all used to do as children.... try to see what shapes and figures I can make out in the cloud masses. Saw a HUGE eagle with wings outspread the other day at sunset. Shapes that are that realistic make you wonder.... what messages do the clouds have for us? If we will just take the time to look.    And yes, I've seen lots of angels in the clouds.
*Sunsets! We have a lot of pretty sunsets here, but it seems they take on richer colors this time of year. Maybe its just the heat affecting my brain!! ha ha    
 * So many other little things! What truly matters is that as long as I can enjoy the Beauty around me, then I'm content. And so I find that I have made my peace with August and what it brings my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment