Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Time To Start Tidying Up A Bit.


   Well, July is almost over with! Its time to start getting things tidied up out in the yard. August is when I start my seedlings for the September garden. This year has flown by so fast!!! Considering some of the things that have happened... thats a good thing! But I never seem to get caught up. Sheesh!
  Anyway, put the last two eggplants in the ground in the hope they would get a second wind. And it looks like I made a good choice. New flowers and a few baby fruit all ready!  Will try this with my peppers as well. As you can see, my "rain buckets" are back out. It seems to either rain a LOT, or not at all. 


   The chives were just about swallowed up by the thyme!!! I know they say you can never have enough thyme, but somehow this was just too much! Ooops, thats right. Thats a different kind of thyme/time.


    So, Its TIME to transplant the chives, as well as some other herbs that really are in need of bigger potted homes. The lemon balm being first, followed by a couple types of basil. Need to take startings from the rosemary.... and on and on!   I have a month to prepare. The hottest, muggiest month of the year!!!
   And the retaining wall, and the terracing, and the small potted trees, and the fence, and the henhouse with a run, and..... oh the heck with it! I'll just do what I can and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment