Thursday, July 26, 2012

Changing My Perspective To The Positive.


   Its been a rough few weeks around here. With all the problems that are presenting themselves and the people that are acting so ignorant and just plain mean... I had planned on writing about how to deal with the "weeds" in Life. But you know, I might do that next time.
  This morning I woke up with a different perspective! (And "no", I didn't take any big painkillers for the tooth I got pulled yesterday! Its not a chemically induced outlook change! ha ha ha)  I sat there in the dark for awhile, just listening.... to Merlin the cat moving to the window to check out what he heard.... to one of the dogs snoring, just a little bit!.... to a mockingbird chirping WAY TOO EARLY! They all made me realize (again) how amazing Life is. I got up and took the dogs out too relieve themselves, and was immediately spellbound by how beautiful the stars were this morning. Its been quite a while since the sky has been that clear in the hours before sunrise. I took everyone back in, and came out alone to just gaze around for as long as I could. Finally I HAD to come in! Finished getting all the critters fed and straight, and then off to work I went. There was a line of huge, towering clouds out over the Gulf and the way the colors from the rising sun bloomed and washed over the tops of them was magnificent!! By the time I got to the parking lot, I just wanted to stay out there in the soft breeze and watch the morning unfold. It truly revived my Spirit.
   Then there is all the bad news out there in the world. But I choose to focus on the Good. On the 23rd of this month, there was a request for bloggers to share stories of dog rescues. Talk about uplifting! We have some awesome and kind hearted people on this planet. My friend John being one of them. His dog Butch wrote about three of the many rescues his Dad has done. So much Good in people's hearts... well, some of them anyway!
   Even the  horrible shootings in Aurora, Colorado..... you hear about how people wouldn't leave their friends behind. Risking their own lives to help others get out of that living Hell. How some folks couldn't run, so they shielded their loved ones with their own bodies.  These are examples of love, friendship and the human spirit put to the test. It was a harsh and horrible test... but history is filled with examples like this. And the Human Spirit ALWAYS Rises Above It. For all our faults and some of the most insanely stupid behavior imaginable, we are an amazing species! And we are capable of SO MUCH MORE. That is what I Hope and Pray for. That we all wake up and realize our TRUE POTENTIAL.
    This world of ours IS an amazing place! Now imagine it at its TRUE POTENTIAL.  
    Yeah, amazing beyond words isn't it!?!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment