Friday, July 25, 2014

It got me to thinkin'.......


   So, the post on the social network talked about "unstructured.... open time....Returning to natural rhythms..." It also asked how important this was to everyone reading it. And how often we made space for it in our lives. It certainly got me to thinking!
   Thinking that "no" I don't really have any leisurely time at my disposal. A part time job, my rescue animals and my mother pretty much occupy my whole day. Its stressful, but there are just phases in one's life where you do what you have/need to do... and that's it! Then another phase comes along, similar but different , and you do it again. That's life in general.
    Don't get me wrong. I've had some fantastic phases! Plenty of time to touch the Universe and swim in the energy currents that flow throughout this world of ours... and beyond. And I still connect to that... but right now its only for short little periods of time.        Then its necessary to pull back in, ground and go bathe my mother, or do the laundry, prepare a meal, head off to work, etc..
    There is an odd, chaotic rhythm to it all. Caring and necessity make up the foundation. And that is where the steadiness lies. When things get too erratic and just plain crazy... I reach down deep and connect.    Stability is a necessity, especially at this point in my life.
    As for aligning with natural rhythms. The best habit I have set into my life has been to light candles when I awaken. No electric lighting. That just puts me in a foul mood!! I have several lanterns hanging from my ceiling on sturdy chains. In each of these is a tea candle. I literally feel my way around until I pull the lighter out of the basket on the table... then I proceed to light whichever candles I will need. On days I don't go to work, the natural progression into the light of the sunrise is such a blessing to my body and Spirit. I feel more balanced and peaceful the whole day through.  And when I can do it in the evenings too!!! Oh, how wonderful!     Once again, its those seemingly little things that have the most impact. No action is as insignificant as you might think it is.

   

   Whatever you do in life, remember to reach for the Light. I took this photo as an example of that. I thought one of my crepe myrtle trees hadn't bloomed because it was overshadowed by the much larger mulberry. Once I got to looking more closely at it... I saw that the branches that had grown high enough did indeed have flowers.  So you see, you just have to rise above it all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment