Sunday, July 13, 2014

Mid July Doldrums


   What a lovely end to a very odd day! I've been particularly sensitive to just about everything these last few weeks... add on the full moon and I'm just a stressed out mess when I have to deal with the world outside my home and yard. Its times like these that I just want to put up huge barricades and stay in my own little space! I'll gladly let the rest of the world roll on by. 
   With that in mind, I really haven't had much time to tend this place I call home. Everything is ageing and in need of repair. I don't have the money, time, muscle or no-how.... but somehow I'll manage to get through. I always do! I'm asking my Guides, Angels and Ancestors for a lot of extra help. 


   I went out into the back yard this afternoon and took a good look around. As usual, so much to do!  Have to figure out a better container to grow the strawberries in. This just isn't working well. I need to go vertical due to lack of space plus all the animals around here.  Strawberries with cat pee on them is a very bad thing indeed!!!    Found purslane growing in the one pot. That plant will grow darn near anywhere!


   Its been insanely hot so far this summer. My lovely little pansy flowers got fried to death! They just do not survive the heat.    Hmm, the chives need a major trim and perhaps thinning out too. Its only a month and a half till I start up the Fall garden.... have lots of preparation to do.


   And FINALLY I found a fig before the birds did!!! What an accomplishment! I was thrilled! hahahaa  The songbirds have been getting them all lately. And the hens stand under the trees and gaze longingly up into the branches... hopping as high as they can go. When I find a half eaten fig I pick it and tear it into three pieces for the girls. They just adore them!!  Maybe even more than they love watermelon. But then again, maybe NOT!  

No comments:

Post a Comment