Sunday, August 11, 2013

Got a Surprise This Morning!

   You know, I have several oracle and divination card decks, and I usually do a throw or two... or three... for general information and comment each day. For the last few days things have looked really good! Yesterday evening I kept getting cards that denoted Compassion ~ Sensitivity ~ Endless Supply ~ Believing in Miracles ~ Healing ~ Divine Passion ~ and more Compassion!
   So what happens? Well, this morning when I got out of my car in the parking lot at work I heard one short, LOUD meow.... from a VERY young kitten. The cry had come from a small bit of shrubbery. You've seen how they pave over an area then build a few little "islands" that they fill with soil, plants and maybe a tree. Anyway, I couldn't see anything in the low growing juniper. And the little cat had gone silent. So I finally went into work. (Mind you, this is before sunrise) At 7 a.m. our cake decorator Sue came in all concerned because she had heard the kitten. But now it was crying continuously. She bought a small can of cat food and took it out to the area where the cries were coming from. (Another co-worker admonished her for feeding it! Told her to ignore it and it would either go away or just get killed by one of the cars. How do you like THAT attitude?)  Still no kitten to be seen.     About an hour later I went out with a box... just in case... and as luck would have it, the kitten heard me calling and tentatively came out and over to me. It was nervous and scared, but soooo lonely too! Started purring the moment I picked it up.  So, I clocked out for a very early lunch and brought the little one home! Set it up in a carrier inside, making certain that the larger animals couldn't bother it. That kitten was still crying.... but it would be safe till I got home.


   So? You might be asking whats the big deal with that story? Well, that wasn't my story. That's nothing more than the background information. The main thing I want to ask everyone to look at is COMPASSION. Just like the cards had been pointing out repeatedly to me. Being sensitive enough to another living being to take the time..... to make the effort... to help however you can. I had the necessary items at home. I've fostered quite a few kittens in the past. Of course, I was going to try and help this little one! And Sue was trying her best too. She spent her last bit of change on a can of food for a kitten she couldn't even see.  That's being compassionate. That's having a Good and Loving Heart..... and listening to it!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment