Friday, February 22, 2013

Just a Little Bouquet, with a Bee!

Well, I was able to make myself cut back the rose bush. Only a few open blooms on it. And I quit counting the buds after I got to forty!!!
Trimmed the canes at half length. Still filled a whole garbage can with what was cut. I knew it was big.... didn't know it was THAT BIG!

Put together a little bouquet for my mother. She seemed to really enjoy it. Especially once the flowers warmed up and the scent grew stronger.  Forgot to check inside the petals though. So when it was in on the kitchen table a little honey bee woke up in there!!! Poor little bee! Luckily we were able to get it outside safely!
Can't bring myself to photograph the plant itself yet! The whole area looks so shockingly different. That rose bush towered over everything. Oh my, sometimes you must trim back in order to welcome in new growth. Just like in the rest of my life. chuckle

No comments:

Post a Comment