Monday, February 16, 2015

Trying times.... so just try to go with the flow!



There is always light amongst the clouds!
 
   Well, its been "different" around here the last few months. My mother's dementia is proceeding along at a steady pace... but we still have those moments of lucidity. And that's when she expresses her fear about how her mind is not working properly.   As everyone says, it all comes with the territory. We're making the best of it... as best we can.
    Doesn't seem like anything much has happened in four and a half months, but its all the "little" things that I'm realizing have started to add up. I find that pretty exciting! Of course, right now I'm in the midst of garden fever... and little else has the ability to grab my attention! hahaha    BUT I'm trying! Trying to stay focused on the here and now and not make any impulsive decisions that, well, won't work out as well as planned later on down the road. I seem to have a real gift for doing that.   So here I am, trying to plan ahead in a sane and rational manner.... sniggle! Trying to put in some "permanent" garden beds. Whatever that means!! haha 
     Its going to take some work to straighten out the front yard whatever I decide on. The well driller's truck really dug in some ruts out there. But hey, I have my own well now! YIPPEE!! Thought the wisteria was done for.... but I should have known better than that! Its rising up from the chaos and destruction like a real champion! The yellow anise bush is following suit... I was positive that was gone! Whew, the resilience of the plant people is amazing.   And that mulberry tree I was taking down.... still not finished (my back sort of gave out on me!) but its popping out leaves and little fuzzle berries everywhere it can!  Oh goodness, that just makes me feel worse about trying to remove it all.   (insert frowny face here)
    But onward I go! Might as well dream and make plans... not sit around and gripe and moan like some folks do. I never know what will actually come of all my efforts but that's part of the adventure! Might as well go with the flow and make the best of this precious thing called Life.  I'm lovin' it more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment