Saturday, February 21, 2015

Keeping the kitten warm at night!


   Does it look like I insulated the cat carrier well enough? He certainly liked it! He thinks he is the king of the world up there. hahaha  It did get below freezing the other night (and was freezing the night before) so this was sure to help.
    Put hay bundles and "nests" everywhere for the outdoor cats.... but some went and laid on top of my baby tomato plants instead!! Yes, I'd covered them with hay to keep them from getting killed off. They survived the freeze but were squashed by the yard cats. sheesh!


   Haven't gone out and inspected the damage to the plants yet. The firebush by the porch took a hard hit! I'm fearing the worst for my eranthemums. Pictured above was one of the bloom clusters right before the freeze. Such a lovely blue color!

No comments:

Post a Comment