Thursday, February 19, 2015

From February 19th...thought I had posted this! Ooops

Looks like its going to be our coldest night of the year so far. In Florida when the night time temperature falls into the 20's..... EVERYONE gets excited!!!
 

   I'm very happy to report that we have lots of robins in the area this Winter season! A few years back I hardly saw any... that was kind of scary actually. Look at all the dots in the photo above and you'll see a very small portion of them as they head West and Northwest to roost for the night. If you stand out and watch for a while, you'll see thousands of them.


   Haven't chosen a name for this little guy yet. His mama comes back about once a day to check on him and get food. Other than that, he is on his own. This evening I fortified the carrier. A plastic garbage bag duct taped around the outside to cut down on wind and I put "slabs" of coastal hay underneath, then around the three sides then on top. Hate to leave him out there in this.


   And I'm asking the spirits to keep their eyes on this little baby ring neck. He hasn't been hatched out very long!


   And, of course, I planted my little tomato plants!!! It figures!!!! Pulled the cypress mulch up close and covered them all with more of that hay. Oh goodness! Don't think I'd ever be able to actually live up North where it gets really, really cold!! hahaha     So bundle up and stay safe everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment