Saturday, September 8, 2012

Gotta Love Eggplants!


Found Hermoine in the mint patch on bug patrol this afternoon. Such a good hen!  My objective was the eggplant behind her. Getting close to supper time. Its a very satisfying feeling to go out and 'pick' your meal. Guess that goes for both of us! ha ha



Here are some of the components of our supper. Two types of eggplant, some cubanelle peppers and fresh basil. Wish my tomatoes had made it through the Summer. Will just have to plant some different varieties next time!
 

As I was trying to get a good photo, I noticed something in the planter full of thyme. Do you see it up at the top?

Don't know what kind of bird hatched out, but one of the parent birds chose to drop the egg shell here! They almost always take them away from the nest area.... to discourage predators.  I wish good luck to the little ones.

Oh, and can't forget the finished product!! And may I recommend a store bought pasta sauce? Yes! Thats what I said... store bought. I've been wanting to try this brand for some time, and finally got it on sale a few weeks ago.  Oooh boy! I plan on having a jar on hand from now on. Its Muir Glen  Portabello Mushroom Organic pasta sauce. Yummy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment