Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Little Surprise This Afternoon!


   Spent some time this afternoon watering the plants... since Rain has decided it doesn't want to come by for a visit! See the photo above? Thats what approximately one third of my front yard looks like. Covered in spanish needles. I know! I know! They're the bane of gardeners everywhere! So invasive! BUT... the honeybees just ADORE them!   So I have a tiny meadow of them. I find comfort in the fact that I am helping the bees.      If only I could find a way to control these things!!!



   Then I went and pondered my future "courtyard" site. Between the mulberry tree, the crepe myrtles and the towering mexican sunflower plant ~ its pretty danged shady in there! Which will be awesome in Summer!!! hahaha  Then something caught my eye........



   Some enterprising bird has woven a crepe myrtle branch together with some from the mulberry tree and created a nest amongst them! Very well done too. But I plan on going out and fastening the branches together with some strong twine, just in case a storm comes through.  Every expectant mom can use a little help now and then.   While I was inspecting it, a mockingbird stayed very close and kept an eye on me. So I have a hunch thats the owner of this little piece real estate. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment