Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Purslane Potted Itself!

Well, it got hot and muggy and my cucumbers decided to give up the ghost! When I went to pull them out I wasn't TOO surprised to see purslane growing in the pots. Its how well they are doing that has me tickled! I've munched a few leaves as I putter around the little garden area. They are really quite good. I plan on making salads with them soon.

Look at these growing almost upright. Wow!  I've been gathering recipes for the last few weeks.... looks like now is the time to try them out.

In this little pot I found it growing next to spurge. Just like every article I find seems to mention. Wonder why they like each other's company so much? The spurge is on the left as you look at the photo. Its toxic.

You can see the white sap that spurge has when you break the stems.
Purslane does NOT have this!
I'll include some of those recipes with the next purslane post... Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment